Friday, June 8, 2018

The changing of the guard at CIG

As part of my annual Open Meeting report late last month I informed the assembled audience that there would be a changing of the guard at the Institute. After 13 years as the Director (and one year as the Acting Director in 1994/95) I will retire from this position at the end of this month. While the Institute’s Board of Directors re-evaluates the model for the directorship (residential in Athens vs Canadian university based) they have appointed Professor Brendan Burke (University of Victoria) as the Interim Academic Director for the 2018/2019 academic year. Professor Burke, well-known in Greece and co-director of the Insttute's Eastern Boeotia Archaeological Project, will be in Athens in the winter and spring of 2019. The Institute’s long-standing Assistant Director, Dr. Jonathan Tomlinson, in the absence of a residential director, will take on additional responsibilities next year.

In my final blog as Director on June 29th I will offer some observations on my tenure as the Director. It has been a good ride!

Cordially,
David Rupp
Director

No comments:

Post a Comment