Friday, August 5, 2011

Miglena Todorova, York University Summer Intern 2011, writes...

I think of my internship at the Canadian Institute in Greece as “Marketing meets Archaeology” as I am a Marketing student, about to complete my degree at York University. During my three months in Greece, I learned so much about the field of Archaeology, not only by working in the Institute, but also by attending lectures at various archaeological institutes in Athens, and visiting museums and archaeological sites around the country.

I am happy to inform you that the library at the Canadian Institute is ready and waiting for you to come and use it. In the three months at the institute I was able to successfully complete the inventory of entire collection. Seven rolls of tape later my job has been done here, I am about to leave Greece in a week.
This is my first visit to Greece and I know it will not be the last! In these three months I handled thousands of books in the library at CIG, walked down the streets of Athens numerous times, had countless frappes and met many interesting people from all around the world. I also took a Modern Greek class, which proved to be extremely helpful when reading signs and street names.

I travelled around the country, visited interesting places such as Nafplio and Delphi, but my favourites are the Cycladic islands. I loved the relaxed pace and beautiful beaches of Paros and Santorini. One day when I return to Greece I would love to do an Island Hopping tour of the Aegean.

Until then I have my photos to remind me of the amazing three month experience here.

Ευχαριστώ Ελλάδα!
Miglena Todorova

No comments:

Post a Comment