Friday, August 4, 2023

Adventures As An Intern In Greece


Before coming to Athens, I was pretty nervous and did not know what to expect for the next few months of my internship journey. But when I landed, on the drive to the Canadian Institute, I remember being amazed by the city's landscape; there were not many high-rise skyscrapers, and the view of the mountains was truly breathtaking. It was different from Mississauga, a city in Canada where I initially stayed. The fantastic views made me excited for my journey ahead. 

During my internship, I had many tasks and responsibilities, but one of my favourite tasks was assisting with social media accounts. As a communications and media student, I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to expand my knowledge and gain an in-depth understanding of media management. I also really enjoyed working at the library and organizing the books. 


On the days when I was not working, I would go around different parts of Greece in and out of Athens. Some places I visited were Aegina, Lake Vouliagemeni, Agisitri, Kalamata and Santorini. I was always genuinely amazed by the breathtaking views Greece had to offer. I also saw archeological sites during my stay here, such as the Acropolis, Ancient Agora, the Temple of Apollo and many more. Furthermore, I was also given the opportunity to travel outside of Greece and explore different parts of Europe. I was able to go to Barcelona to visit my dad and also visit Paris towards the end of my internship. 

I am genuinely thankful for this opportunity to work at the Canadian Institute. I was given a chance to travel and explore different countries and cultures. Not only that, I truly enjoyed working with everyone at the Canadian Institute and will always be grateful for this experience.

Alyana Borras, York University intern, summer 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment